L-Lysine (from L-Lysine Hydrochloride USP) 500mg
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Gelatin (capsule) Stearic Acid (vegetable source), Cellulose, Rice Flour and magnesium stearate (vegetable source)
L-Lysine is an essential amino acid that must be obtained through the diet or through supplementation. Lysine is necessary for the production of all proteins in the body, and is required for the maintenance of the structural proteins collagen and elastin, which form all connective tissue such as skin, tendon, and bone. L-Lysine is also a precursor to L-carnitine, which is needed for fat metabolism and energy production. In addition, L-Lysine may help to support a healthy immune system and proper cardiovascular function.
• Essential amino acid required for carnitine formation
• Required for biosynthesis of all enzymes, receptor and transport proteins, and structural proteins
• Found in great quantities in muscle tissues – stabilizes collagen
• Excessive use of supplement may Iead to kidney pathology due to increased total body nitrogen load, challenging ammonia clearance capacity
• Used in treatment of:
Osteoporosis by reducing calcium loss
Herpes infection – competitive inhibition with lysine residues on the surface of the viral particles – need plasma levels above 165 umol/L
Carnitine synthesis and fatty acid metabolism
Growth and repair of muscle tissue
Development and regulation of:
Hormones and enzymes
• Food sources:
Beef, fish, eggs, dairy, lima beans, soy, yeast, potatoes
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. As with any dietary supplement, you should advise your health care practitioner of the use of this product.
Our pioneering metabolic research has helped produce the most natural, bio-available combinations of nutrient required to address imbalances and biochemical toxicities determined through metabolic testing.BACK TO PRODUCTS
Submit your email to get the latest Paragon news.