L-Tyrosine (Free-Form USP Non-GMO) 500mg
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Gelatin (capsule) Magnesium Stearate (vegetable source) and Stearic Acid (vegetable source)
L-Tyrosine is a conditionally essential amino acid required for the production of the neurotransmitters dopamine, adrenaline, and noradrenaline, as well as for the skin pigment, melanin. Noradrenaline (norepinephrine) and adrenaline (epinephrine) are the main actors in the body's response to acute stress and, along with dopamine, help to support a positive mood and mental alertness. In addition, L-Tyrosine is especially critical for the normal function of the thyroid gland.
• Tyrosine is produced from phenylalanine, which normally makes both amino acids precursors to the synthesis of catecholamines (DOPA, dopamine, norepinephrine and epinephrine), melanin and thyroid hormone.
• Catecholamines are involved in basic nervous system activities: movement, memory, attention, problem solving, desire, motivation, "fight or flight" response, heart rate and stroke volume, anaphylaxis and energy production.
• While conversion of phenylalanine to tyrosine is normally a facile reaction, a significant number of people have difficulty converting. As dietary tyrosine is approximately 18% lower than phenylalanine, if conversion from phenylalanine to tyrosine is blocked, adequacy of tyrosine becomes a clinical problem.
• If tyrosine is low, ultimate conversion of phenylalanine to the catecholamines and/or thyroid hormone is compromised, mimicking low phenylalanine levels.
• Tyrosine is required for biosynthesis of all enzymes, receptor and transport proteins, and structural proteins.
• Used to maintain mitochondrial function (citric acid cycle intermediates).
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. As with any dietary supplement, you should advise your health care practitioner of the use of this product.
Our pioneering metabolic research has helped produce the most natural, bio-available combinations of nutrient required to address imbalances and biochemical toxicities determined through metabolic testing.BACK TO PRODUCTS
Submit your email to get the latest Paragon news.